Re: [Dev] Re: Inbound MMS on MiG Dragon

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Dev] Re: Inbound MMS on MiG Dragon
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:33:18 +0100

On 11 Oct 2006, at 15:05, Joe O'Connor wrote:

1) Currently 172 unprocessed messages, so the backlog seems to have cleared.

2), 3) Doesn't back off, but there seems to be some behaviour on the Dragon system where it won't close the connection after sending the "400" error so we have to wait for a timeout:

Please could you clarify this, as my understanding of the HTTP 1.1 spec is that there is no requirement for a server to close a persistent connection when it sends an error response. Indeed, as far as i can see, if it intends to close a connection it is supposed to send a 'Connection: close' header in the error response.
(RFC2616 section 8.1.2.1 says that it should send the close).

Unless I'm missing something, that would seem to indicate that the correct behavior of the client when receiving a "400" error would be to immediately send the next message though the client *may* close the connection itsself. I can't see anything to indicate that the client should wait for the server to close the connection.

Thoughts?