Camaelon crashing

From: oliver frommel
Subject: Camaelon crashing
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:25:40 +0100

Hello altogether,

I am currently writing an article on Objective-C for the
German Linux-Magazin. In this connection naturally I come
to talk about GNUstep as well. As I am interested in
theme support I tried the Camaelon implementation out
of the Etoile-Snapshot available on the website.

I get it to build (just the Camaelon bundle itself) and
install. However when I try to run a GNUstep app with
activated theme support (for instance GNUMail) the
application crashes with not very helpful messages.
With the GNUstep libs from gnustep-startup-0.13 I get
"recursion encountered handling uncaught exception".

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
Is anyone still working on Camaelon?
How about the state of general theme support through it?

Thanks in advance
Oliver