Re: gif and ungif libraries

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: gif and ungif libraries
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:41:23 +0200

Hello,

On Monday, September 5, 2005, at 12:52 PM, Chris Vetter wrote:

[...]

The problem I see here is that Window Maker currently links against
libungif.

So if you want GNUstep to use libgif AND want to run Window Maker, you'll
have a conflict...

well, I notice that gentoo now configures windowmaker without libungif explicitely. Among windowmaker and gnustep I am more concerned in gnustep :) After all, windowmaker is just there to handle the dock, the window ordering and non-gnustep applications :)

A quick note also is that it is "giflib" and "libungif.

ANother thing that I wondered is that it gets linked into every application. Thus if I recompile gnustep-core without gif support, Terminal.app or GWorkspace.app won't start up since they don't find libungif anymore.. I hoped this could be insulated into the gui/backend only!

cheers,

   RIccardo