Re: Gorm breaking actions/outlets to instances when reparsing header fil

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Gorm breaking actions/outlets to instances when reparsing header files?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:34:40 -0700 (PDT)

Leigh,

--- Leigh Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> Attempting to load a class header file after adding a method to an
> instance in Gorm (CVS) produces a warning that this will break
> actions/outlets to/from instances. This seems to be a major problem
> to use when developing, since we can expect to add methods in the
> source after the initial creation and then reparse the header to
> produce new actions or outlets.

You can add outlets and actions via the outline view or the class edit
inspector  without needing to reparse the header.

> In Interface Builder those actions/
> outlets which are not modified are retained. Breaking all the actions
> and outlets can be extremely time consuming if working with a big GUI
> or Controller class.

I will try to get this into the 1.0 release, if possible.  You can, in the mean
time, add the outlets and actions using the inspector as described above.

> Are there plans to improve the reparsing (loading) of class header
> files to retain existing object connections?

Yes, there are.

> --
> Leigh M. Smith
> address@hidden
> http://www.leighsmith.com

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.