Re: GNUstep on Cygwin

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:38:38 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I wanted to test Richards latest changes for Windows, so I booted up my XP and updated to the CVS code of GNUstep and tried to compile. Thi sfailed in base , du to a duplicated export from the library. As you can sse from the attached export file this complain from dlltool is true, Some sympolbs are exported twice as they come from different sources.

NSObjectMapKeyCallBacks appears doubled coming from the main directory and the unix run-loop subdirectory. I know that this problem will go away as we will be able to use the new make code for Cygwin, but it seems worthwhile to correct what ever we do wrong for now.

Does this patch fix it?

No it did not work (but thanks for it anyway). The problem here has two sides, first we seem to end up with the same function listed twice in different def files. Your patch tried to fix this, by doing a unique sort. But the functions have as a second column an ordinal number and these most likely are different. I tried to work around this, by just taking the first column into account for the unique test, but for some reason this did not work as expected. But there wer other problems with the patch, it lead to def files that dlltool could not process and there were also duplicate ordinal entries in the file. That is different functions did get exported with the same number.

I don't have any idea how to resolve all these. It also seems not that relevant, as we all hope to have a working version of the new export handling code for Cygwin in the near future.