Re: Re[2]: CEST TimeZone

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: Re[2]: CEST TimeZone
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:03:36 -0600

<rant>
I think it is a shame that GNUstep has it's own set of timezone files instead of just using the operating system's timezone info.

At least, how about not using them when the OS has zoneinfo or good native time zone support. Such as Linux, Solaris, and MS-Windows. Then you'd only need to install GSTimeZones on old crufty systems.

I have a patch ready for anyone who wants it that will make GNUStep on Win32 ignore the GStimezones and use the Microsoft timezone information, which is really quite complete.

I know the issue that will come up is DO, and NSCalendarDate archiving. How about using GMT+offset in date coders.
</rant>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manuel Guesdon" <address@hidden>