Re: Release Aug 28

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Release Aug 28
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:59:47 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:
I'm going to try really hard to make a release by Saturday, Aug 28. That's just for the make and base packages. Alex is in charge now of gui and back, but I think he will make a release soon after.

I would like to get the cross compilation changes into this release. I know that it isn't a great idea to change code shortly before the release, but the changes I suggest are uncritical, as they cannot break this more than they are broken now and have been suggested for more than a month now and nobody did ever point to a problem that could be caused by the change. If there isn't a stated disagreement within the next two days I will apply the change. If anybody sees a risk here, I will wait until Sunday and apply it than, giving everybody enough time to test this change, before the next release after this.

Fred