Goals

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Goals
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:56:24 -0600

Instead of putting this on the web pages, I've added WIki page:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Definition%20and%20Goals

which tries to settle once and for all :-) what GNUstep is. I've also made a list of the major goals of GNUstep and the individual packages that make GNUstep up.

I've put names next to each package listing who is the 'maintainer' or maintainers for that package. If you are a maintainer, I'd like you to come up with subgoals for your package that advance the major goals of GNUstep. Please also mark which ones are necessary before a "1.0" release of GNUstep. You (we) are not responsible for actually achieving these goals, merely making sure that potential contributors know about these goals and provide improvements that advance these goals.

If you don't want to be in charge of a project, please let me know.

Also please feel free to edit or comment on this page. It's just a first draft and I hope that with more input we can finalize what our real purpose is...