Re: Gorm pre-pre-alpha deb

From: Frederico S. Munoz
Subject: Re: Gorm pre-pre-alpha deb
Date: 02 Dec 2001 02:34:52 +0000

"Frederico S. Munoz" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>

> I pulled an all-nighter and uploaded the promised Gorm deb.
> (...)

I hope to have the following packages available before monday:

ProjectCenter
GNUMail
GWorkspace

Be warned that I make the binary debs on my system and I use a very
recent CVS checkout of GNUstep (around 2 days old).

I'm waiting a bit more before I set the dependencies; when that's done
(it should take around a week or so, and it's more or less done by the
current maintainer who has already set the dependencies on the
packages) it should be possible to apt-get install just about every
GNUstep app.

I must say that the gnustep-make facilities really shine and that
shows on the ease of making debs... I think I could maintain around 10
GNUstep packages with the same amount of work it takes to take care of
one or two 'regular' ones. The most difficult part (gnustep-base et
al) will require a bit extra work and coordination.

Do you think that a -cvs branch of the packages would be useful?

cheers,

fsm
--
Frederico S. Muñoz