Re: file-specific optimization options?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: file-specific optimization options?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:23:41 -0700

Nicola Pero wrote:

Ok - very convincing example ... in attach a diff on current rules.make
with implemented support for adding file-specific compiler flags and
specifying file-specific filter-out patterns for compiler flags ... with
these changes, the base library (and Stephen as well) can remove their
hacks, and simply do -

mframe.m_FILE_FILTER_OUT_FLAGS = -O%
NSConnection.m_FILE_FILTER_OUT_FLAGS = -O%
NSInvocation.m_FILE_FILTER_OUT_FLAGS = -O%

to disable optimization flags for those specific files ... now the only
point is ... is it ok to apply to gnustep-make considering that it is in
prerelease state ?

it shouldn't break too much I think, but I didn't really test it
extensively.

It seems to work for me, so go ahead and apply it. I'll wait a few more days to release the final version, just so other people can test it.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it