Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright assignment (important!)

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright assignment (important!)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:18:20 +0100

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:40, address@hidden said:

> with the spirit of free software.  The developers present at the meeting
> also already signed the copyright assignment agreement (PDF attached).

A contract of a German Verein stating that it is subject to _Swiss law_
(6.1) but then requiring that disputes are solved by _German court_
(6.2)?  What's going on here?

Copyright assignments are anyway out of fashion and only used by older
GNU projects and by companies (e.g. Canonical) who plan to cannibalize
the code for their proprietary stuff.  I don't know whether I have any
substantial code in GNUnet but it is out of question that I or g10 Code
will ever sign such a contract.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner