[GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and downloa

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:15:04 -0700

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 01:27:04AM -0700, Tracy R Reed spake thusly:
> Also, I have two nodes running. I inserted a bunch of content on one node
> and searched for it on the other node. Both nodes were well connected with
> 10 and 13 hosts connected each. It didn't find it even after a very long
> time. With only about 20 nodes in the network how can this be?

Shortly after I sent the above email I created a 5 meg file of
stuff from /dev/urandom on each of my nodes and inserted them. Within a
minute they were both able to find and download each others files. So I
must have just had bad luck the first time.

I have noticed another interesting problem: During my unsuccessful
attempts to downlod files I ended up with a lot of corrupted files but
with the proper size in my directory of files to share which then got
reinserted when I ran a script to insert my own content, contributing to
the spread of broken files. I think the download client should put files
in another tmp directory until they are 100% downloaded and then moved
somewhere else to indicate they are complete so there is no chance of
incomplete files accidentally being indexed.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org