gnue-dev

GNUe status

From: Marek Mosiewicz
Subject: GNUe status
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:17:20 +0100

Hello,

I'm long term developer for companies using Compiere which used to be
open source ERP written in java. It has  interesting extension
mechanism for model, forms and reports. (there is still maintained open
source version called Adempiere)

However I always wanted to customize it to Polish law. That is
impossible with it without fork as business logic resides in Java
classes which are not modular.

I also looked for Python ERP Odoo http://odoo.com (formely OpenERP) and
its fork Tryton http://tryton.org which by the way seems to be inspired
by GNUe.

I was aware of GNUe since 2000's but Python was foreing for me. Later
GPL license seemed to my to much restricted for business software.

However now I appreciate switching from Windows to Debian Linux and
seeing license wars I think that GPL seems to work :)

So I took look into GNUe again. There here however seems to be no
release since 2010. Development repository server seems to be down
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnue/ for me.

Sincerly,
     Marek Mosiewicz
     http://marekmosiewicz.pl