gnucobol-users

Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] select same file twice?

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] select same file twice?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:35:59 -0500

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:10:58 -0800
Ron Norman <address@hidden> wrote:

> BDB has no concept of a record size.

I'm not sure what that implies.  I think my question is, "does ISAM
have concept of record size?"  I think that answer is Yes, ergo any
ISAM implementation must record and represent a record size.  It's one
of a handful a file attributes maintained by the storage system that
need to be checked for agreement when a Cobol application opens the
file.

--jkl