gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #54782] Segment's check image not removing sky clu

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #54782] Segment's check image not removing sky clumps in tiles with none usable
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 11:09:30 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

In the check image, each step is shown as a separate extension. Segment first
finds all the possible clumps in a large tile, but it doesn't use all of them:
many of the small ones are removed before going to the S/N phase. Therefore
there are two extensions: one for all the clumps, and another where only
clumps that are used for S/N calculations are shown.

I just noticed that when a tile has no usable clumps, none of its clumps get
removed in the check image. This is very confusing! I am working on the fix.

This bug has no effect on the final output of Segment, its only in the check
images.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54782>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/