gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #54188] Upperlimit magnitude distribution not bein

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #54188] Upperlimit magnitude distribution not being sigma-clipped properly
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 08:14:29 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

While using the upper-limit magnitude, i noticed that some values for the
`--upperlimitsigma' option were not reasonable for relatively bright objects
(for example 0.1).

After some investigating, I noticed that the problem is in the fact that we
had asked the sigma-clipping to be done in place. Therefore, the sorting flag
would be set for the random values of one object, and the flag would persit
for the next object's random values (which were written in the same data
container).

The solution is to initialize the sorting flag to zero before starting each
object's upper-limit magnitude measurement. I am busy implementing it now.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54188>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/