gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14363] Change the default behaviour of --scale i

From: Lee Kelvin
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14363] Change the default behaviour of --scale in ImageWarp
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 07:28:22 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #5, task #14363 (project gnuastro):

Yes, I see your point, and I accept that scaling in this manner has its uses.
As mentioned earlier, I find your recommendation to add a --discretescale or
--autoscale to be a good compromise.

The current mode of operation for scaling is not without its dangers. If I
have a perfect flat field image whereby every pixel has exactly the same value
and I scale it using --scale, I will end up introducing an irreversible
discrepancy into the image at the top and right edges. My flat field image
would no longer be flat.

Until such time as the new options above come into existence, I am happy to be
more careful in choosing my scaling ratios! The addition of Task 14365
<https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14365> would greatly help in this regard.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14363>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/