gnu-system-discuss

Re: GNU System Channel

From: Anders Juel Jensen
Subject: Re: GNU System Channel
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:28:04 +0000

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:19:47 +0200
"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

>    I think that even #gnu looks like a best option for the GNU system
>    channel than ##hurd, other names i think it'd be good to use:
>    #gnu-sys , #gnu-system, #gnusystem.
>
> #gnu-devel already exists, and #gnu is also good, so is ##hurd.

 Since the package system is tightly integrated with, and is a part of, the Hurd
I think ##hurd is pretty ok. If we suddenly find ourselves in the luxurious
position of being swamped with eager package maintainers, then we it would be
time to rethink whatever the packaging project needs its own channel. But until
such good fortune arises, it is just more convenient to have two overlapping
projects in the same space.

 At least that's my two cent opinion.

~Anders