gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola packaging

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola packaging
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:26:06 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:26:26 -0400
Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
>   > I've argued in another mail why having the choice between
>   > "removing the package" or "following that kind of rules rules"
>   > would in fact make it more simple for distributions.
>
> This makes no sense to me, because I don't see that either of those
> two has any advantage for distro maintainers.
>
> What I'm planning to do, since it gives flexibility to distro
> maintainers, is clearly preferable to distro maintainers over
> either of those two options.
Here I was talking about the advise you plan to give.

Here I am simply suggesting that advising to "remove the package" is
fine as long as it is also clear that following the kind of rules I
suggested would be equivalent (so it could be added in the advise as
well, in context near the advise, etc).

> Why spend more time discussing this?
Because it has consequences on the well being of FSDG distributions,
their contributors, and their users.

Denis.