gnu-emacs-sources

fixed python.el

From: Dave Love
Subject: fixed python.el
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:37:52 +0000

This is a fixed version of my python.el that works correctly in Emacs
22 (as far as I can tell).  Please report problems with this to me,
but check for updates at <URL:http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/>,
which also has the equivalent Emacs 21 version.

[The python.el in Emacs 22 has various problems which aren't in the
code that I run under Emacs 21 and which it doesn't seem possible to
get fixed/undone.  Previously I hadn't kept up with the things Emacs
22 has broken, to be able to maintain a working version, but I'll try
to keep this going in future.]

You need the three files below.  I've kept the abstraction of symbol
completion in sym-comp.el because it's the right thing generally.
emacs.py can either be copied on top of the released one in
`data-directory' or put somewhere outside the Emacs tree referenced by
the normal PYTHONPATH.  PYTHONPATH can be set by your shell start-up
and/or `setenv'ed in .emacs.  Obviously the compiled Lisp files go on
`load-path' ahead of the python.el distributed with Emacs 22.

There should be only one way to do it.  -- Python
There's more than one way to do it.  -- Perl
Do the right thing.  -- Lisp