Re: [gNewSense-users] Netboot failed: "Bad archive mirror"

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Netboot failed: "Bad archive mirror"
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:47:18 +0200

Stayvoid wrote:
1. There is no such package: yeeloong-base. Should I use anything instead?

It's not essential. It takes care of switching on WiFi on boot.

2. Which kernel image should be installed?

Here is the output of "aptitude search linux-image":

(snip)
None of those.

I'd prefer to compile one from the 3.N branch. Where can I find the
right sources? Which "CONFIG options" should be enabled to make
Yeeloong work "properly"?

Linux-libre has a repo for recent kernels, no fancy packaging. If you want compile it yourself anyway, know that building (non-working so far) packages of 2.6.32 on my Yeeloong takes around 1.5 days.