Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 20:24:15 +0200

Snoopys Woodstock wrote:
This is the GNUzilla privacy extension.  You can disable it if you
want, but you lose its privacy features.  Your choice, really.  I
have a screen large enough that it doesn't bother me too much.
Actually I have an older computer, and find it preferable to browse
with noscript as well to reduce the number of scripts that start
running with often upwards of 100 tabs/windows open.

OK but the feature is not active.

I tried it here. When I go to de.yahoo.com with Privacy Extension
enabled I get a cookie warning. If I disable it (Tools -> Add-ons ->
"GNU GNUzilla privacy extension 1.1" -> Disable (+ restart)) and check
the website again then I don't get a cookie warning. So I can't
reproduce the problem. Try uninstalling the extension.

Thanks, but does anyone have another idea? Because the privacy
function is not activated and the linterna media script works fine on
my second computer wich is WinXP-Home with firefox. Realy hope this
can be solved because I'm looking forward to change to gNewSense
completly.