Re: [gNewSense-users] Mobile device

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Mobile device
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:15:10 +0200

Michael Dorrington wrote:
Its the Free *System* Distribution Guidelines not the Free *Software*
Distribution Guidelines.

Yep, my mistake.

A system can be fully free software but not
comply with the "Free System Distribution Guidelines".

True, though the difference is not very big. A free system (i.e. distro) just has more requirements (e.g. self-hosting) and needs to take care that it doesn't add non-free stuff (e.g. in its system documentation). Apart from that, I expect free software projects to go by the same guidelines.

On the mobile front, the GTA04 is coming:
http://gta04.org/

I haven't followed it closely enough to know if they plan to put OsmocomBB on it. They'd be crazy to let that opportunity pass them by, IMO.