Re: [gNewSense-users] 404 Not Found - Failed to load repository

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] 404 Not Found - Failed to load repository
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:17:56 +1030

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:10:43 -0500
Nic <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 03:36:39PM +0200, Lars Nooden wrote:
> > When I try apt-get upgrade, or for that matter install, the
> > packages are not recognized:
>
> I'm not sure if my problem is related, because I use i386 and I can
> update my repositories.

its an unrelated bug.

> E: Failed to fetch
> http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense/pool/main/d/debian-archive-keyring/debian-archive-keyring_2010.08.28~lenny1_all.deb:
> 404 Not Found

This entry looks like an honest to goodness bug; it should have been
removed from the packages list.

> Will the debian-archive-keyring be signed with a previous key to
> smooth out the upgrade?

Our package is still in overlays (as version 2009.01.31-1). Unless
someone beats me to it I'll have to:
A. update our package
B. work out why that package list entry wasn't corrected.

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au