Re: [gNewSense-users] Issue with repositories

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Issue with repositories
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 19:00:25 +0100

Alejandro Bravo wrote:
Hello, I'm having this message every time I want to check for updates, or
refresh Synaptic in order to look for different programs

Imposible obtener
http://ppa.launchpad.net/gnuzilla-team/ppa/ubuntu/dists/hardy/Release
Unable to find expected entry  universe/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index
file (malformed Release file?)

Any idea on how to fix that?

It's harmless, but if you want to get rid of it then delete "universe" for gnuzilla in your /etc/apt/sources.list. See my earlier comment about this [1].

By the way, I'd appreciate a list of all the repositories I should need to
have a 100% operating GnewSense.

main, universe, deltah-security, deltah-updates and IceCat are sufficient. Enabling deltah-backports is not recommended. Note that changes in the "Software Sources" settings will probably put back "universe" for IceCat, so you have to do the fix again.

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-users/2011-01/msg00030.html