Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot

From: Harry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 14:50:55 -0500

On Jan 1, 2011, at 2:05 PM, address@hidden wrote:

>>> The fact that you have to jailbreak and exploit means that the device
>>> was designed to not give you the freedoms a general purpose computer
>>> (with or without phone capabilities) should have.
>>
>> This is true. Like I said, we could go on debating this all day, and it
>> would probably be best to take this off the gNewSense mailing list. Email
>> me at address@hidden if you want to continue discussing
>> it.
>
> Why? I thought the whole purpose of gNewSense and this list was to address
> those issues of freedom.

I was under the impression that this was to discuss only gNewSense related
issues and news. If you all think otherwise, I suppose we could continue.

Technically you could also say many laptops weren't "designed" to run anything
that isn't Windows, and therefore weren't designed with freedom in mind because
they were only tested for use with Windows. That doesn't mean you can't do so
though.

Sent from my iPhone