Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 20:21:08 +0200

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 19:20 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Federico Bruni schreef:
> > On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 14:11 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> >> Try ln -s /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base /etc/rcS.d/S38yeeloong-base
> >
> > Thanks, now it works perfect (I've tested just the wired connection but
> > I guess wireless will work as well).
>
> The yeeloong-base init only affects wireless. The interfaces file you
> posted originally didn't include eth0, so it makes sense that you didn't
> have a wired connection. I would be surprised if it works now because of
> the change I suggested.

you are right,
I forgot that problem was wireless-specific

anyway, I said that it's working fine now because I turned up all the
interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces and enabled /etc/init.d/networking
and the system knows which interface to use.
I'll try wireless soon.

before the fix, it used to try also the wireless connection (if I
remember correctly)

> Anyway, you pointed a problem with our current setup out to us, so
> thanks for that. Bug report opened:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?29838

good news