Re: [gNewSense-users] libre people

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] libre people
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:32:25 +0200

Ali Davoodifar schreef:
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Graziano Sorbaioli <address@hidden> wrote:

During a conversation on #gnewsense, lots of people did not like the
"gnewsense marketing" name.

Someone proposed gnewsense advocacy, I think that we could use "libre
people". It recalls the LibrePlanet.org project that aims to do advocacy
for free software in general so I think it should fit.

What do you think about it?

Indeed "marketing" is not a proper term to be used. "Advocacy" seems
fine to me. Or perhaps "promotion"?

Can you explain why you think it's not proper? It seems to be the common term with other distributions:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam
http://wiki.debian.org/Marketing
http://en.opensuse.org/Marketing_Team