[gNewSense-users] linux marketing

From: 2stepsback
Subject: [gNewSense-users] linux marketing
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:49:26 +0500

Hi all.

(1)
(this is not self-advertisement)
To get a background of my views on Linux, Patents and free software,
please visit my blog at http://2stepsback.wordpress.com
and
http://2stepsback.wordpress.com/2007/10/16/open-letter-to-the-floss-community/
and
http://2stepsback.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/from-web-to-paper-a-little/
and most importantly,
http://2stepsback.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/everyone-market-linux/

(2)
Like most, I find gnewsense really well made.
As bug #1 would confirm, the problem is that people cannot leave the
'doze system for laziness and apparent lack of beer-free support
sources.

(3)
In short, no throat to catch.
Can VOIP, Jabber, "intelligent" bots (like jabberwacky or ubotu) help?

(4)
An LUG helpline maybe?

(5) A bit off-topic, but very important to me.
I am finding my own web hosting grossly underutilised, so I am going to
scrap my website (http://2stepsback.net ) mext month or the next.
Which means I need a new host that is free for opensource *programmers*,
as against *projects*.

So, does anyone know a good one from *personal experience*?

(6)
Apart from that,
is there a place where you can get all videos and audio related to free
software (RMS-style) so that a nice Cd/DVD can be made, free to copy,
sell/distribute?

Best wishes,
2stepsback