ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] VoIP software [Was: Re: Guile talks at the GNU Hackers

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] VoIP software [Was: Re: Guile talks at the GNU Hackers Meeting?]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:20:55 +0200

On 2013-06-25 at 22:14, Luca Saiu wrote:

> As an aside: once I even tried to concoct something simple by myself
> using netcat and speex glued by a bash script, but the thing is less
> trivial than it sounds.  In practice you ought to use a lossy protocol
> otherwise network latency accumulates, and becomes intolerable.

The problem is: how do you cut a speex stream into individual blocks to
send over an unreliable transport, with the guarantee that you can
reassemble blocks on the other ends, ignoring holes?  I couldn't do it.
Maybe you just have to choose some known block size.

I'm sorry, this is off-topic.  But if you know some simple answer please
tell me.  I'm curious.

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net