ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] FSFE’s contribution to the “Horizon 2020” EU research

From: Karsten Gerloff
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] FSFE’s contribution to the “Horizon 2020” EU research program
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 10:25:27 +0100

Hi everyone,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 10:01:07PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Following Karsten Gerloff’s talk at the GHM in Paris [0] and the
> discussion that ensued, FSFE has put together a paper intended for the
> European Commission that makes proposals and recommendations regarding
> research and free software:
>
>   http://fsfe.org/projects/horizon2020/

what we did was basically to take the input from the GHM
discussion, ask around the Free Software community a bit more, and
then translate the whole thing into something that EU people could
understand and work with -- for example, by referencing our
proposals to fundamental EU documents and programs.

The European Commission published its proposal for the Horizon
2020 program on November 30. We're currently analysing it to see
whether it's necessary to push for modifications when this is
discussed in the European Parliament.

Best regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).