[gfsd] remarry

From: Stanislas Ray
Subject: [gfsd] remarry
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:34:09 -0400

Ill make your bed before it gets too dark, he said. On the moment Logan was chasing some wild heifersthat had swerved far off the course.
Peering back,Lucinda saw that Logans stock was not far behind. Lucinda thanked her starsthat she was high up on the wagon seat.
She secured it and led it back to theoxen. Agreat weight seemed lifted from his shoulders.
Lucinda, better stretch your legsa little before we turn in.
Ill cut logs this afternoon and to-morrow, he told Lucinda.
He woulddo the thousand and one tasks that fell to a homesteaders lot. When she drove into the forest she had an agreeable surprise.
I had an idea school-teaching was hard, she soliloquized. She walked under the pines, along the brook, out into the open.
Holberts wife,two daughters, and a sister lived there with him. But, he reflected, women were queer, and beyond mensunderstanding.
Chastening my spirit, Logan, she returned cryptically.
He patted her shoulderawkwardly with his hand, but did not attempt to kiss her.
The oxen sheered off the road towards brush and trees. Lucinda found herself welcomed by Holbert and his womenfolk.
Returning to camp, he put his heaviest saddle on Buck and left himstanding bridle down.
But Ill cut a forked sapling, heave up an end ofthe log in that. As Logan carried the pails, he gazed about forfirewood.
Thats all right, she said to the perturbed Logan.
Well, Luce, you clean up while I tackle the big job, drawled Loganfinally. This, added to thecold, induced Lucinda to crawl back over the eat and wrap herself in theblankets.
The sky in the east was ruddy, but theall-encompassing wall of pines appeared cold, forbidding.
Coyote leaped to the ground and dashed back. It transpired that at sunset, when she drove up tothe old cabin, and yelled Whoa!
Mawnin, settler, she said, with a brightness that he was quick tograsp.
Riding back up the canyon, he wondered what Lucinda bad meant.
I hope not, if you must murder everything, returned Lucinda sharply. He made his own bed under the great pinenear-by.