[gfsd] wish boarding school

From: Patty Rowland
Subject: [gfsd] wish boarding school
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:11:16 +0300

Well stop and watch a few minutes if you like, Flory said.
He did notstop her, for he thought Ma Hla May quite capable of coming backand making a scene.
There was much smutty talk about Elizabeth. The quarrel about DrVeraswamis election had been shelved for the time being.
It was almost as nice as being really rich,the way people lived in India.
Drums were throbbing a little distance away.
It was how those beastly artists that youmet sometimes in Paris used to talk.
The Indian marriage-market, they call it.
Sometimes a white pagoda rose from the plain like thebreast of a supine giantess. I cant help it, I ought to have been back ages ago.
And getting only fifteen shillings aweek!
It was several years since he had shaved twice in one day.
Highbrow was a bitter word in hervocabulary.
Somehow it did not seem right oreven safe to go in among that smelly native crowd. I cant tell you how glad I am to have met you. But of the two parties, the doctors was much the smallerand less efficiently libellous.
And the other, gazing after her, said curiously:Was that a man or a woman? Well stop and watch a few minutes if you like, Flory said. I only said itwas time to go back, thats all.
I hope I shall see you at the Club this evening?
Youllmake such a difference to us here in Kyauktada. On two occasions the face of an oldschoolfellow looked at Elizabeth from the page. Yesterday I ate mylunch off Nashs Magazine to save wasting time washing plates. When Elizabeth had been nearly two years in Paris her mother diedabruptly of ptomaine poisoning.
It swampseverything mean and petty out of existence. There was a gala air about the Clublounge tonight. And it would besuch fun to go to the pwe together! Damn it, youve no right to talk about people like that. Herfather had been less of a drunkard than his brother Tom, but he wasa man of similar stamp. A girl who had been squatting at the back of the stage, smoking,stepped forward into the lamplight. It was several years since he had shaved twice in one day.