[gfsd] bogged down

From: Christy Benton
Subject: [gfsd] bogged down
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:34:52 -0600

The voice was familiar though he could not put a name to it. No,says you, and well be damned, says you, if well be diddled. The tutor had suddenly become a fearsome figure. At my lord Cornburys house there was a tall man with a floridface. He had forgotten about the mentor at his elbow.
Her face was bright withconfidential friendliness. Is thatthe kind of fighting you was dreaming of, my precious boys?
Only Lord Cornbury knew his true character,and Lord Cornbury did not talk. The marriage was performed as decently aswas possible for a thing so hastily contrived.
This be for ee, he said, and was departing, when Alastairplucked his arm. When we last parted you were inquest of a runaway lady.
You, constable, bring the two men to the Great Hall. I will go bail for his good behaviour, andto-morrow a servant shall take him back to Chastlecote. A very troublesome whim for you, said a voice.
It was an appeal which the young mans tradition couldnot refuse.
He was very near thebrink of the torrent; let him make the most of these last yards ofsolid land.
I will go bail for his good behaviour, andto-morrow a servant shall take him back to Chastlecote. No,says you, and well be damned, says you, if well be diddled. But give methe paper and I will be your clerk. The kitchen door was flung open with a violence which startledthree topers left by the table. But as the tutor pressedon him, his hand went to his sword.
There wassome queer business afoot here and Alastair set himself to probeit.
The little man thrust a packet into his hands. Sir John has gone north on what he considers to behis duty. His neighbour on the bench did not understand his question.