[gfsd] bemused aggravate

From: Tessa Mcdonald
Subject: [gfsd] bemused aggravate
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 20:47:56 +0300

Not exactly the police, he corrected carefully. Reeder to himself, with a certain melancholypleasure. A crook I dontmind, being one; a murderer I dont mind, but a talking jackass makes mesick. Yes-Im a pretty good sailor-anyway, that story about my poor wifesjewels is utter nonsense. It is a terrible misfortune, but itis true. It bore an affectionate inscription on the back. You cut outReeder-hes hell and poison, and if you dont know it youre deaf! All sorts of rotten people were making up to her,and I had just to grind my teeth and say nothing. I followed thedetails of the case very thoroughly. Brides coat pockets wereweighted down with the sections of a powerful jemmy. It was the first intimation he had received that he hadbeen tailed that morning. The room was not well furnished; it was scarcely furnished at all. I brought back thejewel case after that awful night. A few minutes later his housekeeper tapped on the door. Greenshouse was the eighteenth in the road on the right-hand side. This particular letter was signed A Friend. You cut outReeder-hes hell and poison, and if you dont know it youre deaf! Where that gun came from I dont-There was a knock at the door and the two men exchanged glances. Not exactly the police, he corrected carefully. If youring, one of the maids will take you to him. Plain thieving-and sweet, said Lew exultantly, and pushed the bookacross the table. A crook I dontmind, being one; a murderer I dont mind, but a talking jackass makes mesick. It was pale and haggard; the eyes looked as though she had beenrecently weeping. Beneath thestring was the paper which had been first wrapped about the stalks. This is going to be a different kind of play, said the long-faced Lewthrough his teeth. I threw them up on to her-to the ladys window-sill, corrected theuncomfortable young man. Lew Kohl rose, the smile still trembling at the comer ofhis mouth. Possibly it was part ofher duty to secure casts of the keys. Now let me think-it was in a melodrama, of course, but was itSouls in Harness or The Marriage Vow? Oh, yes, I know you have a criminal mind-I think you havetold me that before. Maybe youll turn this over in your mind, and in a day ortwo you wont be feeling so gay. Reeder to himself, with a certain melancholypleasure.