[gfsd]adding a pogram to the the free software directory

From: Jan Keirse
Subject: [gfsd]adding a pogram to the the free software directory
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:27:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I would like to add eddi to the free software directory, but I can't find
a link on the webpage.
eddi is a GPL'ed editor that should run on every platform that has tcl/tk
and tix. It's advantage is that it is extremely powerfull but nevertheless
small, fast and very easy to use, even if you don't take (or have) the
time to learn it's features (vim and emacs are also easy to use and powerfull,
but only after you learned them). Eddi has syntax highlighting, macro's,
filtering through commands, an interface to su (to save eg system config
files)),... and a plugin system that would add cvs, ftp, mail and other
things is planned (I expect ftp in 2 months, mail should be in it within 6
months, I don't know about the cvs frontend).
You can find eddi at http://eddi.sourceforge.net and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eddi
I, Jan Keirse am the maintainer, the original author was Holger Schanz,
but he seams to have disapeared, so we (two other developers and me) took
over the project in januari 2002.

--

$> cd /pub
$> more beer