[gfsd]Open Source PCI Bridge Soft Core

From: tadejm
Subject: [gfsd]Open Source PCI Bridge Soft Core
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:01:39 +0100

Hello,

I thought this could be interesting to you. If you have a colleague interested
in the subject, I'd
like to ask you if you can forward this email to him/her.

The OpenCores organization announces the immediate availability of the
open-source, free,
complete 33/66MHz 32-bit PCI Bridge Soft Core solution.

PCI Bridge Complete & Tested

The PCI Bridge Soft Core is a complete, synthesizable RTL (Verilog) code that
provides
bridging between the PCI and a WISHBONE (System-on-Chip) bus. The complete
package includes comprehensive specification and design documentation, a
comprehensive
verification suite, and a test application.

Test application is a “VGA card” implemented using a Xilinx Spartan II device
on a PCI
development board from Insight Electronics. PCI bridge core is connected to a
simple
VGA controller core forming a system-on-chip and comes with a Linux frame
buffer
device driver.

The PCI Bridge Soft Core supports common ASIC and FPGA libraries and is highly
configurable including options for Master/Target or Target-only as well as for
Host or
Guest operation. You can download the PCI Bridge Soft Core from the OpenCores
PCI
Project Website at <http://www.opencores.org/projects/pci>.

OpenCores invites companies and universities to use our PCI Bridge Soft Core in
your
projects. Our main motivation and the sole reason for launching the PCI project
has been
and is to see the core used in many different projects. What we have in mind is
development much like that of open-source software (e.g. Linux).

About OpenCores

OpenCores is an organization whose main objective is to design, reuse, and
integrate IP
cores under the General Public License (GPL) helping the concept of freely
available, open-
source hardware to emerge and become visible and apparent. For more information
about
our projects and us, please visit us at <http://www.opencores.org>.

We are also looking for organizations interested to support/sponsor OpenCores
projects.

Best regards,
Tadej Markovic
OpenCores PCI Team