[gfsd]Re: sub-directory in gnulist module not updated

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [gfsd]Re: sub-directory in gnulist module not updated
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:43:10 +0200

Soam Vasani writes:

 > Right now the directory is updated every night by a cron job.
 > So if I need the update urgently I have to do it manually.
 > It would be nice if it could be updated on every commit instead;
 > then we can remove that cron job and the directory won't be
 > special case.

        Here is how you could use Savannah:

        - register a project
        - select the "website only" license
        - in the description say you want to manage /gnulist

        When this is done every commit on

        subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/www/gnulist

        will automatically update the corresponding pages on gnudist.

        Alternatively I could change the HTML pages of the existing

        savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnulist

        project to use www.gnu.org/gnulist instead of
        www.gnu.org/software/gnulist and you'll have the same
        facility. Except that if you want to write pages that describe
        the gnulist software itself you'll be in trouble because a project
        can only be bound to a single directory of the www.gnu.org tree.
        Hence I suspect the former solution to be the best.

        If that all you need, you're done.

        Now I suspect the cron job does more than just cvs update.

        I think you'll find inspiration looking at the

        http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnujobs/

        project that probably does something close to what you want. It
        is used to manage the www.gnu.org/jobs pages.

        Cheers,