[gfsd]Re: slib and GNU

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: [gfsd]Re: slib and GNU
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:29:45 -0400 (EDT)

 | From: Brian Youmans <address@hidden>
 | Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:25:09 -0400
 |
 | Here is the "maintain.text" file.  A current version of it is also
 | always available on www.gnu.org, at /prep/maintain.html.

There is even a handy URL, http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html
That page states:

  The directory `/gd/gnuorg' is found on the GNU machines; if you are
  the maintainer of a GNU package, you should have an account on them.

I have an account address@hidden, but I can't find /gd/gnuorg
(http://savannah.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg, https://savannah.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg)
there.  I also looked on a gnu ftp mirror site.

And why wouldn't http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html link to these
documents instead of spelling them out?

Is distribution of /gd/gnuorg/ documents restricted?

If that is so, why does http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html recommend
I send pages from /gd/gnuorg/ to contributors?