[gfsd]Re: GNU TeXmacs (fwd)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [gfsd]Re: GNU TeXmacs (fwd)
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:33:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I hereby dub TeXmacs a GNU package.

Thanks.

> Please don't forget to mention prominently in the README file and
> other suitable documentation places that it is a GNU program.

Done last year.

> The new-gnu people will mail you a file, maintain.text, which
> describes a lot of procedures for GNU maintainers.  The file also
> describes who you can ask for various kinds of support or advice.  If
> you encounter a situation where it isn't clear what to do, you can
> also ask address@hidden, which is a list of a few other GNU
> maintainers who have offered to answer questions for new maintainers.
>
> They will also add you to the gnu-prog mailing list, a moderated list
> for announcements to GNU maintainers.  They will also add you to the
> gnu-prog-disc list, which can be used for discussion among GNU
> maintainers, but whether to stay on the list is up to you.

I'll wait for the information.

> Would you like to make ftp.gnu.org the distribution site?
> If so, please tell address@hidden when you have
> a version to release.  If you need, we can make an acct for
> you on ftp.gnu.org so you can install new versions.

This is not necessary yet, but maybe in the future.

Done: see http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs

> We invite you to put the CVS repository on subversions.gnu.org for
> both the program and its web pages.  This repository supports the
> sourceforge features through the alias savannah.gnu.org.  Using
> subversions makes it easy to update the web pages, since they can be
> checked out automatically ont www.gnu.org; you just have to install
> updates using CVS.  Using subversions will also help the GNU Project.
> To set this up, visit http://savannah.gnu.org/.

That's how it works at present.

> Please also write an entry or a change for the page
> http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html, and mail that to
> address@hidden also.  Note that we don't want to talk about
> proprietary software, so if you have worked on any, please don't
> mention it here.  Your entry can include a link to your home page
> provided it fits our usual criteria for what we link to.

Done.

> Please fill out an entry about your program for our Free Software
> Directory.  Please contact address@hidden for more info about this.

I filled out such a form a week ago.

> you need.  There should be at least one, address@hidden, for
> reporting bugs.  Please tell them whether you would like this list to
> be open to the public or just an alias going to whoever you choose.
> Also please say whether you would like to have a public archive of the
> list.

I think I did that before, but here are some possible aliases:

address@hidden       ->  address@hidden
address@hidden             ->  address@hidden
address@hidden          ->  address@hidden
address@hidden      ->  address@hidden
address@hidden      ->  address@hidden

> If there are a few alternative names that might be natural for users
> to use, let's make all the aliases that might be useful.  If you want
> these lists to be aliases for lists on your site, that is ok; ask
> new-gnu to set them up that way.

See above.

Notice that one has to suscribe to address@hidden
(address@hidden) in order to be able to post messages.

> Please mail an announcement to address@hidden about the existence of
> the program, either when the program is released, or now if the
> program is already released.  Include a brief description of the
> program so people can tell whether they are interested in using it.
> Mention the web pages on www.gnu.org and say where to get the program
> by ftp.

I will do that right now.