[gfsd]Re: Questions for Free Software Directory

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Questions for Free Software Directory
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 22:49:44 -0600 (MDT)

I am glad we now have a valid email address for you.
new-gnu people, please record Scott's new address for his packages.

It looks like you can't maintain Windows32API any more, so we face the
question of whether to look for another maintainer or retire it.

      When it comes to GCC for example, I
    know of two platforms cygwin32 and mingw32 which may possibly still use
    the package; though I'm not positive.  In either case, they may have a
    forked copy of the package that they maintain or they may have written
    their own version.

Could you help us out by asking the developers of those packages what they
want and where they stand in regard to Windows32API?

Do you ever get mail from users of the package?

If users try to send mail to the package maintainer, what will happen?
Does the address given in that package for reaching the maintainer
still work?  Is it necessary to change the package if only so that
mail from users won't bounce?

Are you still maintaining gnustep-db?