[gfsd]Text Error in Web Page http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/gnu.

From: Paul Robinson
Subject: [gfsd]Text Error in Web Page http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/gnu. free.html
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:41:57 -0400

On the following page
http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/gnu.free.html
the following text appears

GNU.FREE is a suite of Java-based software programmes for providing heavy
duty election services via the Internet. It is scalable, with strong
security & privacy as well as proper logging an dhas communication slevel
encryption of all data tramsmitted using an RSA/Blowfish system.

I believe that this text should read as follows (with one possible exception
below):

GNU.FREE is a suite of Java-based software programs for providing heavy duty
election services via the Internet. It is scalable, with strong security &
privacy as well as proper logging and has communications level encryption of
all data transmitted using an RSA/Blowfish system.

The space appears in the middle of "and" and at the end of the word
"communications" so that they end up being attached incorrectly to the next
word.  The word 'transmitted' was misssspeled. :)

The word "programmes" being used to refer to computer programs is probably
non-standard rather than in error, so it may be acceptable although I've
never seen it used that way; perhaps that is British usage.

Paul
--
"And now a word from our sponsor, Avectra, about their latest product: 'Buy'

We now return to our regularly scheduled tagline."
Paul Robinson <address@hidden>
"Above all else... We shall go on...And continue!"
AVECTRA +1-703-394-0980 x 1227, fax 703-935-4293
Chicago Washington San Francisco Melbourne
<http://paul.washington.dc.us/> <address@hidden>
"The lessons of history teach us - if the lessons of history teach us
anything - that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us."

 <<Paul Robinson.vcf>>