[gfsd]Re: 'serveez'

From: Janet Casey
Subject: [gfsd]Re: 'serveez'
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:55:24 -0400

   > %%GNU: no

   I wonder a bit about this.

   ========= snip ===================================

   Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:49:58 -0700 (MST)
   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   To: address@hidden
   Cc: address@hidden
   Subject: Re: Serveez

       This will be our UDP example server in version 0.0.20. The last pending
       task on our side is a complete review of the project documentation.
       Work is in progress...

   I hereby dub Serveez a GNU program, starting with version 0.0.20.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

       Could you please tell us, what we should consider if we are going to make
       it a GNU package ? Are you actually intending to add Serveez to the GNU
       system and to host it at gnu.org ?

   We can host it there if you like.  The web pages, at least, should be
   on www.gnu.org.  Where you put the repository and the ftp site is up
   to you.

   ============= snap ===============================

   Is this by chance or did it happen intentionally ? I also wonder why it
   never occured at <http://www.gnu.org/software/> ...

You are right. Serveez is a GNU program. I will change the listing in
the Directory; the change will show up tomorrow (we run a nightly cron
job that updates the entries).

AKAIK www.gnu.org/software/ never explicitly listed whether or not a
project has been dubbed gnu, which would explain why it never
happened there <g>...

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org