[gfsd]Linuxbios

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Linuxbios
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:16:46 -0600 (MDT)

Please record Minnich as the maintainer of Linuxbios, a
non-GNU package.

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:31:37 -0600 (MDT)
From: Ronald G Minnich <address@hidden>
To: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Linuxbios a GNU package

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Are you one of the main developers of Linuxbios?

I'm the guy who started and pretty much runs the project. The code was
originally based on freebios, which was donated by STPC, but I ended up
rewriting most of it. We have a very small number of committers: Ollie Lho
from SiS, Eric Biederman of Linuxnetworx are the other primary two
committers. We've got lots and lots of good contributors too from various
companies, such as VIA and Acer.

> Would you perhaps like it to be a GNU package?
> I think that would be a good thing.

This sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure of what it means. What does
it entail? we currently host linuxbios on the sourceforge. Do we have to
move it? What else do we need to do?

IBM tells me you're pushing for something on the T21. We'd very much like
to see that happen too. One big problem is turning on graphics. Any way
you can help us get documentation?

thanks, it's very good to hear from you.

ron