[gfsd]Re: copyright notices in motor and centerICQ

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [gfsd]Re: copyright notices in motor and centerICQ
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:11:26 -0400

Konstantin Klyagin <address@hidden> wrote:

> > One more concrete reason to do this is that people are permitted,
> > under the GPL, to take one file and use it elsewhere.  If the
> > copyright notice and license notice isn't in each file, the
> > information can easily be lost.
>
> I don't think a separate file from centericq or motor can be taken and
> included to other programs that easy :)

Well, still, no reason to preclude the  possibility with possible legal
problems, even if it seems technical infeasible.

> > Given this, would you please add the information again?
>
> Ok. Gonna do that.

Thanks!  Please email <address@hidden> when you finish, so they can
check the issues again and make sure everything is in order.

> Ok, Bradley. No problem. I enjoy writing programs and I will do all I
> can to support your nice efforts to defend the freedom.

Thanks!  We appreciate it a lot.

If you ever get some additional spare time, we can always use more GNU and
FSF volunteers to do a number of different things.

   -- bkuhn