[gfsd][Richard Stallman <address@hidden>] address@hidden: finding the re

From: Jonas Oberg
Subject: [gfsd][Richard Stallman <address@hidden>] address@hidden: finding the readline sources]
Date: 07 Apr 2001 17:55:29 +0200

libreadline seems to be missing from the directory.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: address@hidden: finding the readline sources] Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 09:46:36 -0600 (MDT)
Is it really missing?  If so, that would seem to be another problem.

From: "Serier, Kees" <address@hidden>
To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
Subject: finding the readline sources
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:11:51 +0200

Hello,

On my search for the readline sources, which are used in a lot programmes,
I tried "Search" from your homepage, and searched for:
- - "readline" This gave about 176 hits, and the first pages all refered to
Bash.
- - "GNU readline"
- - "readline library"
- - "libreadline"
Non gave the url for the sources.
So after some more searching I found "Packages>Libraries", where I thought
it should be, but no libreadline there...

I finally returned to my original search, scanned all ten pages with hits,
again
no succes.
Started searching each of the 176 entries, until I finally was lucky to find
an
url mentioned: ftp.gnu.org/gnu/readline/

* Please add an entry for libreadline, or tell me how I should have found
it.
BTW I also have no ftp access, firewall policy :-(.
* Could the archives be made available through http?

Hope this wil be helpfull for others "on the quest for readline"

Thanks in advance,

Kees Serier <address@hidden>

--- End Message ---