Re: [gfsd]"Related' field

From: Matt Kraai
Subject: Re: [gfsd]"Related' field
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:19:59 -0800

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:19:27PM -0500, Janet Casey wrote:
> I noticed that the 'related' field does not show up in the live
> version of the Directory. For example,
> http://www.gnu.org/directory/balsa.txt does not have 'Related: pine,
> elm, spruce, mutt' even though this is listed in the 'balsa.txt' file
> that I committed. Other examples are
> http://www.gnu.org/directory/bigbrotherdatabase.html and
> http://www.gnu.org/directory/iGal.html. Can you check this out,
> please?

Only fields which are listed in the gnulist/fields file are
displayed on the webpages.  All others are hidden.  To have the
related field displayed, simply add a line to gnulist/fields like
the following:

related: Related packages

The order of the lines in this file is the same as the order of
the fields in the generated pages.  For example, balsa.html would
then have an item stating:

Related packages: pine, elm, spruce, mutt

Matt