[gfsd]Re: New maintainers for Glibc

From: Brian Youmans
Subject: [gfsd]Re: New maintainers for Glibc
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:49:54 -0500

OK, I updated maintainers and sent a simple message to Drepper
informing him and telling him he was still welcome on the committee.

I received the resonse below from Drepper.  I will inform him that this
_is_ official, and continue the dialogue, although it sounds hopeless.

- Brian
> as the GNU GLIBC maintainer.

And you can tell him that this last part is completely out of
question.  If they want to take over they should tell me straight and
I will stop immediately all my work.

> RMS also asked me to say that he and the committee hope that
> you will decide to serve on the committee, and that they are hoping
> that you will work with them to continue glibc development.

I will not if this "committee" is claiming to be the maintainer.