Re: [gfsd]conf file for ht://Dig search engine in /etc

From: Åsmund Skjæveland
Subject: Re: [gfsd]conf file for ht://Dig search engine in /etc
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:17:18 +0100

> Hi,
> I'm trying to setup the ht://Dig search engine for the free
> software directory.  The htsearch cgi program will only look
> in /etc for the configuration file, and I can't put it there, so
> please make this symlink on gnudist
> /etc/htdig-gfsd.conf -> ~www/html/gnulist/htdig.conf
>
> I had asked sysadmin before but got no response... perhaps it's
> the webmasters who admin this ?

I haven't actually tried to compile ht://Dig, but can't you grep the sources
for "/etc/htdig-gfsd.conf" and change it? Many autoconf'ed projects also
support the --sysconfdir=/foo/bar option, which might solve your problem.
Of course, if you're trying to make an existing installation of htdig start
working for you/us, what I've just said is useless.

--
Åsmund Skjæveland (address@hidden)