[gfsd]Re: gas/binutils (a.k.a. we really suck sometimes)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: gas/binutils (a.k.a. we really suck sometimes)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:28:31 -0700 (MST)

    Ok I understand that but then I would suggest that the Free Software
    Directory entry is extracted from
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/PACKAGE>.

Is this simply a matter of storing the Free Software Directory entry
file in this directory instead of where it is stored now?

If not, I don't understand your point, so would you please make a
specific proposal?

    there should be the HTML file and then an XML file with the Free
    Software directory entry.

The format we use for these files is not XML.  We could switch over to
XML, but that takes work, and I am not sure it has any advantage.